Sunday 12 September 2010

Barry Gray - Space 1999 - Original Television Soundtrack (1976)




















Another gem from Barry Gray, the soundtrack to Season One of Space 1999.  Gray only scored the first season and then dropped out for the second series.  This ended a long-run of soundtracks Gray had done for Gerry Anderson including classics such as Fireball XL5, Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Joe 90 and UFO.

Apart from the main titles there are some corkers on here, particularly Black Sun and Death's Other Dominion.  Genius!

6 comments:

nlgbbbblth said...

Amazing! Just watched an episode today. Cheers Simon.

Lacey said...

While the show was a little lame, the music, as always, was my favorite part of an Anderson's show.

Thanks for the post.

THXjay said...

Another super rare gem!

You're collection never ceases to amaze me. I don't know where you get them all from, or how long it took you to amass such a wonderful treasure trove, but I sure would love a duplicate :)

Thanks for all the recent shares!

I-FE said...

My pleasure, Paul.

@Lacey, I tend to agree with you there, while it's certainly not my favourite Anderson show or Anderson/Gray collaboration, it's a splendid album.

@Jay, ah you're flattering me again. Like I've said many times, I'll happily swap my record collection for yours!

I've been collecting for more years than I can remember so I have stacks of vinyl still to post yet!

Simon

website design said...

Amazing and you are really great dear thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Plaza Aydesa said...

41 years back when black & white TV was fun in Argentina. thank you very much!