Tuesday 5 July 2011

Chico Arnez - The New Sounds Of (1972)






















This is one of those records that I play over and over again.  I wouldn't say it's legendary or anything like that, but everyone I've ever spoken to who's been into "my" kind of music has always sung it praises.  And rightly so.

There are scandalously funky versions of Whole Lotta Love, Aquarius and Fleetwood Mac's Oh Well.  Plus a great self-composed opener called Would I.  There are some great backing vocals too from Sylvia King from The Ladybirds.

I don't want to big it up too much or anything but this is amazing stuff.

5 comments:

I-FE said...

http://www.mediafire.com/?43c80ihg0h51ctn

Mr. Primate said...

Very good!. I was just about to rip my own copy of this for my blog. It's a classic of it's kind. Worth it for the cover of Oh Well alone.

Baron said...

Okay you win ... I'll try this one too ... Baron

Any middle-aged German Witch in Amerika said...

One of my absolute favourites within this genre! Great fun album I am listening to at least 3 times a year.

I didn't have the back cover yet, also I am curious about your rip, so I am taking it in again. Got it originally from Spiral.

Mindy said...

Looking forward to this. Thank you.